When the holidays roll around, it’s especially important to make sure your pets stay safe. Here’s our list of top 10 dangers for pets during the holidays:
- Fireworks at New Year’s (dogs especially can get spooked and run away)
- Leftovers / Bones
- Holiday plants like mistletoe and holly
- Tinsel / Ribbons
- Electrical cords
- Stress from visiting people
- Liquid potpourri (cats will drink it)
- Tree ornaments / trees
Watch out for your pet this holiday season and do what you can to keep them safe!
If you’re looking for a last minute gift for the pet lover in your life, here’s a brief list from J&M Aquatics and Pet Center in Grand Junction:
- Books about pets or pet training. Consider W. Bruce Cameron’s A Dog’s Purpose (A Book for Humans) or the hilarous, I Could Pee on this: And Other Cat Poems.
- Live aquatic plants or aquarium decorations like this Java Fern we have available now:
- Desktop aquarium sets like these by Fluval.
- Items to add to a reptile or amphibian tank, like new rocks or plants.
- Dog and cat toys for their pets, like this great selection we have right now!
Stop in before Christmas and we can help you find a great gift for your pet or pet lover!